Monday, October 26, 2009

early morning saunter..

Woke up really early on a Saturday!! The mere surprise of it prevented me from falling asleep again.

Cudn't go back to sleep, so went out for a stroll, wandering aimlessly, into the parts of my locality where i'd never been before. (Dunno why i keep getting these random mad ideas!)..

Kept walking, with my earphones blaring in my ears,looking at things. And somehow, maybe coz it was a uniquely unfamiliar time of the day or because it was such a purposeless pursuit, but I found myself completely relaxed and quite enjoying the moment.

Every mundane everyday thing was curiously interesting..Ladies picking flowers for their daily pooja; a sweet old uncle slowly unfolding the pages of a newspaper with a content smile;irritated-looking people sweeping the roads with long quick strokes of broken brooms;dog fights;half-awake kids being trotted off to school; a really cool sexy bike parked in front of someone's house..(At that moment I wanted nothing in the world more than a ride on it!!!)..

Nyways, passively observing these random happenings was like taking a peek at LIFE.. I kind of felt detached from my own life and felt like I was a part of all that was going on around me.. felt gud somehow.. But then, Why were all these normal things appearing to be so interesting? Is it because I've stopped noticing these small things these days as I go about , following my daily schedule??

On my way to work or back from it, there's something on my mind constantly.. what's happening at work;which movie to hit this weekend;he said this,she said that;booking tickets to go home;applying for leave... blah blah..I guess I'm stuck in my private world and completely oblivious to the world around...Is life bypassing us? Are we forgetting to even look around properly coz we're stuck in the clockwork routines?

My philosophical train of thought was interrupted as I decided to turn back and head home. These reflective questions were replaced by more urgent ones like

"Did I come from this lane? that turn?

Do I take this left? the next left?

or maybe... right??

Before I actually reached a state of panic, I thankfully hit a familiar looking lane..
"Ahh!! I know this road!!" and happily walked home, completely ignoring all those insightful questions..

Happy Ending!

1 comment:

  1. HMM..MANSI AB THODHA SAMBHALKE CHALNA...NEEHA WAHA PE NAHI HAI DIRECTIONS DHENE KELIYE :p :p :p


    LIKED IT SWEET AND GUD

    ReplyDelete