Friday, October 23, 2009

Chance conversations...

I’m sure all of us at some point, have had random conversations with complete strangers. Little snatches of conversations that just happen.. without a proper beginning or end.. Some mere fillers, others reflective.. some leaving a lasting impression, some just fading into oblivion..

I keep having them regularly.. even though I’m a partially paranoid person and don’t talk much to strangers..

Like that evening 2 days back.. I took an auto on my way home, and this over-enthusiastic auto driver was in a super talkative mood probably, and told me tales of his entire family tree. Yes, I was stuck in one of those infamous traffic jams @ banglore and this guy just went chattering away to glory, while I sat occasionally mumbling “oh ok.. nice”..

Then there was an old uncle sitting next to me in a train who kind of gave me the weather report for the entire country in the previous week , completely ignoring my huuuge yawns ( my whole face ached due to yawning so much)..

There was one interesting old lady I met during one of those family functions who regaled me with  tales of her stint at the All India Radio. She writes and performs in the dramas aired on radio ..and she’s 85 yrs old… she told me about how she found her passion and overcame all the odds n all.. interesting.. inspiring kinda..

There are too many that come to my mind now.. a fellow traveler in a train narrating her love story in complete detail; another old auto-driver telling me about how he hails from a family which was very rich once upon a time; a young guy giving surprisingly profound insights abt philisophy;a cute kid prattling on about her school and her evil sister…

 hmm.. ain’t talking really really fun???

No comments:

Post a Comment