Sunday, January 31, 2010

Obsession!!!




I don’t even remember at what age I started reading. I only know that I’ve always enjoyed it. My preferences keep changing drastically, I keep picking up different genres all the time, but the presence of books in my life has been constant. From pulp fiction to core religious texts, the sight of a book has never ceased to please me. But of late, buying books has become a sort of an obsession! I keep buying them, but these days I’m not finding the time to sit down and finish a book. I get greedy , however, and everytime I buy a book I start reading it, and the situation right now is that I’ve started SEVEN different books, each belonging to a completely different world and I’m getting mixed up..
Last Friday I promised myself to stop buying anymore books, until I finish reading the ones I have. I wrote myself a stern pep talk in my diary about how I need to be more sensible n all..
And yesterday, (Sunday afternoon) I went to Odyssey to buy a CD for my uncle and damn! I came out clutching yet another book!!!


(in my defense, it was a fantasy novel about ancient Egypt and hence completely irresistible!)

1 comment: